She Deserves provides supportive business development programs to survivors of domestic abuse to empower women with the tools for economic independence and healing. Our volunteer business mentors work with survivors to develop the confidence and the entrepreneurial skills necessary to become self-reliant professionals in their communities within the Greater Pittsburgh region.
About 20 people every minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. The ravages of such violence can have a crippling effect on a survivor’s confidence and self-worth. In the supportive environment of She Deserves’ empowerment program and peer support groups, our developing entrepreneurs embark on a restorative journey to reclaim control over their lives. When a person is immersed in positive reinforcement and provided the business tools to achieve successful independence, that liberation contributes to the greater health of a community.
Domestic abuse survivors must find a way to overcome the trauma linked to abuse. While physicians, therapists, and counselors provide the most vital healing services for the mind and body, She Deserves was founded as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization to provide our developing entrepreneurs the knowledge and the abilities to end the cycle of abuse and ensure their self-reliance. Together, we are helping people heal through success.
Volunteer peer counselors and business leaders offer the following:
- Individual evaluations and analyses to identify the strengths and abilities of each client
- Peer support groups to provide our developing entrepreneurs positive reinforcement on their entrepreneurial journeys
- Empowerment programs for the development of business plans and necessary skills for success
- Individual support teams to encourage and guide each developing entrepreneurs with accountability for milestones
- Business grants to individuals that continue to demonstrate growth in their businesses.